In the end of winter season

      One day I am extremely happy about my blog and the very next day I am all in doubts. But I was thinking lately about it and realized that this blog helped me in so many different ways:

- I started developing my writing skills which for a non-native speaker is not easy;
- I am taking myself out of my comfort zone every time I pose in front of the camera;
- I spend much more time outside with Evgeny and we both enjoy finding new places in the area and taking pictures;
- I started cleaning my closet from "loner" things which have been with me for a long period of time. (I gave a limit, if I haven't worn an item for two years - it is time for it to go);
- I started shopping even wiser. No more spontaneous purchases. And even if that happened (we are all humans), I always keep a tag on a purchased item hanging for a while and  a check in my wallet;
- I started playing more with different combinations of clothes and accessories, and I found that I can create many more outfits with the same items.

      Honestly, I love it a lot! I had become very lazy and too comfortable with my style lately - easy, simple and boring. Now, thanks to my blog, I reminded myself how much I love to mix and match things, try possible options with impossible. And this blog is a real help for me.

      Today I decided to show my last three coats of my winter outerwear. They have been in my closet for a long time and I still wear them on a daily basis. Yes, I finally decided to look closer at my winter outerwear and make a strong decision. Is it time to go? Is it time to replace them with something new and modern?

      1. This coat I bought eight years ago, when I worked at Marshall's. It is pretty conservative and traditional with style and color in my opinion. That's why I still wear it without any doubts. The only one thing is it's not in a great shape anymore. But, honestly, - it is one of my favorite items in my winter closet. What do you think - should I keep it or not?



Coat - Tahari, Boots and Bag - Michael Kors, Turtleneck - Ralph Lauren, Tights - Express,
Gloves - TJMaxx, Earrings - Jones New York

      2. This coat I bought in Macy's six years ago. I like it a lot because it is so comfortable to wear in a daily basis. It is very warm and I can zip it up and hide my neck from wind and cold. It is very comfortable for driving a car. It is very easy to take care of . But probably I am a little tired of this piece even though it is still looks pretty good. Yes or no?



Coat - Laundry by Shelli Secal, Jeans - Anthropologie, Boots - Michael Kors, Scarf - Calvin Klein,
Gloves and Earrings - TJMaxx, Bag - Arcadia, Sunglasses - Dolce&Babbana

     3. This puffer coat I bought at TJMaxx five years ago. I love the color! And I love a hood. This coat is great for traveling - warm, comfortable, and the hood is really helping with wind, rain or snow days in New York, for example. Again, it is very easy to take care of. But I am not sure..., maybe I grew out of this coat... What do you think?



Coat - Elie Tahari, Jeans - Anthropologie, Boots -Mark Nason Vero Cuoio, Scarf  - Loft, Bag - Makowski, Gloves - TJMaxx, Sunglasses - Coach, Earrings - NY&Company

      I hope it was my last post about winter season, but it is so cold and snowy outside. I promise  my next post will be all about spring!



Photos by Evgeny Verivski

Comments

  1. I may not be the best person to comment since my good winter coat is 32 years old, but I think it is good to have a few winter coats. As long as you have room in the closet, I would say keep all three. The plaid one, even if it is wearing, probably does not show it because of the nature of the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Madeline! 32 years old! I love it, it is already vintage. I decided to do exactly what you said. I will keep them all. They are all different styles and they are still in a pretty good shape. More choices are better then less. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Tatiana. all your pictures are so beauty, excellent photography, do you take your own pictures? would love to know..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mod! My husband takes all pictures for my blog.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts