My first winter coat in the US

      A couple of days ago I was exploring my outerwear closet and I was really surprised when I found this coat. I totally forgot about it. Ten years ago it was my first purchase for the winter season here; how far back that time is now... It brought so many memories.

      Honestly, I didn't like this coat at all when I bought it. First of all, it was black color which I tried to avoid back in Russia. Second, I thought it was a weird length - I preferred longer or shorter coats, but not this length.  But..., being ten pounds lighter at that time - I realized that I didn't have too many choices with my size. I was drowning in almost every coat I had tried. The decision was made - we bought it as a temporary item and decided to continue looking for something else. But we all know that oftentimes temporary slowly becomes permanent.

      I've had many different outerwear items after that purchase, I even don't remember all of them, but this one... After ten years it's still in my closet, it is still with me.

      Today is cold outside again and I decided to put it on, I don't know..., I just wanted to remind myself what I felt wearing this coat, and it turned out that it still looked very good on me in my opinion.




      Interesting, ten years ago I bought it because I desperately needed at least something. Today I wore it with great pleasure. Isn't strange?


      I think it is still in style and I feel myself very confident and comfortable in it. Even though I have changed a lot since then, the coat is still the same and I love it!



      Do you have any clothes in your closet which you would still wear even after they have been in your closet for ten years?


Coat - Liz Claiborne, Boots - Garisma, Hat - Calvin Klein, Gloves - TJMaxx
Bag - Makowski, Earrings - NY&Company, Sunglasses - Coach

Photos by Evgeny Verivski

Comments

Popular Posts