Double covered

      I want to start this post with a big Thank You to everyone who stops by my blog and leaves a comment. I owe you my apologies for being short sometimes with my responses to your comments. I feel that I need to explain myself.

      Besides my big love to fashion and style, the reason I started this blog  was to improve my English. I decided that it is going to be great practice for me to write about something I love and at the same time work on my English (it is my second language). Usually I write my posts and send them to my daughter. She checks them for errors and sends them back to me with her corrections. And after that I do my "homework" by comparing and learning where I was wrong and what is the correct way of saying things.

      But with my responses on your comments... It is still not easy. Sometimes I want to say so much in my answer, but I just feel embarrassed by making mistakes. That's why, please forgive me for being short. Trust me, I am working on it!

      Today is a beautiful and windless day, but it is still cold. My choice fell on a poncho which has been in my closet for years. The mix of mohair and wool makes this item warm enough to wear it even in winter days when it is not windy.

     This time I decided to wear all black outfit and on top put something brighter. At first I wasn't sure that sweater and poncho with  turtleneck  would work well together, but I really liked it. It is perfect for winter days to double cover my neck because I am always cold!







Poncho - Elsamanda, Turtleneck and Suglasses - Ralph Lauren, Leggins - Joe Fresh,
Boots - Garisma, Bag - Michael Kors, Gloves - TJMaxx,
 Earrings -and Brooch - Friend's gift


Linking up with:
Photos by Evgeny Verivski

Comments

  1. Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style. Your boots are a real statement. The fur trim is so cool! Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tatiana, Please don't apologize for your English. Those of us who have tried (or are trying) to learn another language as adults know how difficult it is. Your English is so good!
    I love this look. I also love how much I learn from your blog about brands. When I look at the names at the bottom of the picture, I realize how out of touch I am with fashion. You are teaching me! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh don't worry about your English! We have German friends and they get words incorrect all the time. It is not easy to learn all the colloquialisms that English has in this country! I have never learned another language but I am sure it is difficult. You look gorgeous is this outfit. I love the poncho! Too heavy for me as I live in hot and sunny Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this fabulous cold weather look! And your English is great!

    Thanks for linking up!

    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    https://fashionshouldbefun.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You look stunning in this poncho. I love the print and how you styled it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire your bravery. I watched my parents struggle with English after we emigrated, but in a much less public fashion. I've worked to relearn Russian as my husband is a much more recent emigrant than I am and he and his family are more comfortable in Russian. You're doing an amazing job and I enjoy both your commentary and your style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanya, Thank you so much! I It is so great to hear it from somebody who knows exactly what we have been going through... Especially, it is much harder for people who came at older age. I came to the US when I was 36. I understand your parents very well. Please, say Hi to them!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts