Something very special

     I am a big lover of vests, all different kinds of them - sports, classic, fur. In my opinion, they always look very stylish and give me more opportunity to mix and match them creating a bigger variety of looks. Plus, I always feel more comfortable going shopping and driving a car in a vest because I do not get as hot inside the stores and I have freedom to turn the wheel of my car.

      Today I want to show you something very special. Last spring I got a call from my ex-boss who now lives in Michigan. She said that she is planning to come to town and she has a vest which she can bring for me if I want it. When she told me a little more about the brand and the fabric it was made from, I realized right away - it was something very expensive. I didn't know what to say. I felt that it would be too much for a present, but I also wouldn't be able to afford to buy it from her. After I carefully tried to explain my feelings, she just replayed "I will bring it over".

     I want to say a little bit more about this women. Her name is Madeline. I know that a lot of good things happened with me and my family because of her... I will never be able to thank her enough for her support, wisdom, kindness and her big heart. She hired me when I hardly spoke English and taught me a lot from her own example on how to work, how to live my life here and how to treat others. I have learned a lot from her and she has always been a true role model for me.  She has a very special place in my heart.

     Madeline, look at me! This vest belongs to me - the size, the quality, the style. What a gift! I want to say Thank you so much! I fell in love with this item from the first sight! And I am sure that it will live a long, happy life in my closet! Love you!










Vest -Talbots, Sweater - Rachel Roy, Jeans - Guess, Boots - Makowski, Bag - Arcadia,
Earrings - NY&Company, Sungkasses - Dolce&Gabbana, Brooch - friend's gift, Ring - Effy

Photos by Evgeny Verivski

Comments

  1. Beautiful look! Love your vest!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the neutrals! Very sophisticated. Such a great fall outfit in a beautiful location...the woods with the fall leaves!
    -Kristin
    countdowntofridayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Tatiana, for the kind words. The vest is so you, and it looks fabulous on you. Wear it in good health (an American expression).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, Madeline! I love this vest so much! I feel myself very confident in it. Thank you again! I translated your expression and it is interesting - we say it exactly the same in Russia.

      Delete
  4. Wow that vest is stunning! So chic and really a timeless piece. You look beautiful!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ruth! I totally agree - this vest is timeless.

      Delete
  5. I love this whole outfit! The vest is fabulous and you've styled it so well!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving this layered look on you! It's so chic and perfect for winter!

    http://www.avecamber.blogspot.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/avecamber

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! you look amazing in this outfit! so in love with the coat.

    xx Sheryl | www.SeguraAndCo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style. Stunning outfit. Your otk boots are great! So posh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful story, and lovely woman. How special then, you have the vest as a memory as well. I love the long style, the shape, along with the beautiful boots and flared sleeves of the sweater
    Beautiful style1
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a very special women! It is true! Thank you so much, Jessica!

      Delete
  10. What a lovely story! Beautiful and special. Its a great look and you styled everything perfectly. Love everything.
    Happy Holidays

    Mary
    http://marymurnane.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, thank you so much! I checked your blog and subscribed right away. I love it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts